Am I Eligible?
Undergraduate students from any school or college on the UW-Madison campus are eligible for the Health and the Humanities certificate program. With other eligibility questions see our FAQ or talk with a certificate advisor.
Currently, students earning the Global Health Certificate or Major are not eligible for the HatH Certificate.
How can I declare?
The HatH certificate is limited enrollment and holds an application cycle each semester. This website will be updated at the start of each term with specific deadlines.
In order to declare the Health and the Humanities certificate, you must:
- Be a current undergraduate in any school or college.
- Complete one of the core courses and earn at least a C.
- Attend a certificate information session. The next series of remote info sessions will be held at the start of Spring 22. You can sign up for these sessions online at the start of Spring semester.
- Complete the online application. The Fall 21 application is now closed. The next application cycle will be in Spring 22. Applications are typically due in early March.
- If selected for the program, meet with the certificate advisor to declare the certificate and plan your coursework.