Where will you live while you are in Madison? There are many options:-
Privately-Owned Apartment Rentals
- You may want to make living arrangements before you come to Madison, but it is actually better to be here and visit the apartment in person before renting and signing a lease. Rentals are plentiful and there is no need to feel rushed. For a list of off-campus rentals, see the Campus Area Housing Listing Service website (This link will open in a new tab).Privately-Owned Dormitories
- Some privately-owned residence halls offer flexible vacancies, including academic year, semester or summer leases.
- Privately-owned residence halls are dormitory-style living arrangements that are owned and operated by private companies and individuals. Some include a meal plan and others provide a full kitchen. Application procedures and lease agreements are your responsibility (but we will help you through the process).
- These are some of the most popular private dorms in Madison (each link will open in a new tab. UW-Madison is not responsible for the content of these externally-hosted sites).Cooperative Housing
- Cooperative housing in Madison is another option. Costs are around $300-400 per month for a single room with a shared bath and kitchen facilities. Each member of the household shares in housework duties, which include cooking, cleaning and serving meals. We can help you find suitable places to share.
- For information on cooperative housing, see the Madison Community Cooperative website (This link will open in a new tab. UW-Madison is not responsible for the content of this externally-hosted site).Homestay
- There are a few homestay options in Madison, which we will help you set up. See the list of homestays here (This link will open in a new tab. UW-Madison is not responsible for the content of this externally-hosted site).
- If you need a place to stay when you first arrive, the Madison Friends of International Students may be able to help. See their website for details (This link will open in a new tab. UW-Madison is not responsible for the content of this externally-hosted site).