BUSINESS AND ENGLISH STUDENTS TOGETHER (BEST) CHALLENGE
Are you an English or Business major looking for real-world project experience that you can put on your résumé, a fantastic networking opportunity, and a chance to win CASH PRIZES? Then the BEST Challenge is for you.
WHAT IS THE BEST CHALLENGE?
This unique campus competition brings together teams of UW-Madison Business and English majors to tackle a real organizational problem and create a viable solution. As a student participant, you and your teammates will engage in a hands-on problem-solving experience similar to workplace situations you will encounter in your future careers.
The BEST Challenge consists of two deliverables:
- A pitch by your team to a panel of judges, proposing a solution to this year’s Challenge. Prize: $2,000 for the winning team, and an additional $500 to donate to UW-Madison academic unit(s) of their choice.
- A 2-page individual reflection on your team’s evolution and your own performance within the team. Prize: $200 “Personal BEST” award for the individual participant with the strongest reflection paper.
- NOTE: For more detailed information on the 2018 BEST Challenge, see BEST Challenge Info Session.
WHY SHOULD I PARTICIPATE?
- Gain practical real-world experience!
- Practice highly in-demand teamwork skills and multidisciplinary skills!
- Network with campus and community business leaders!
- Earn a certificate of participation!
- Win prize money!!!
Keep an eye out for future challenges!